The RAA is a joint venture company dedicated to negotiating and purchasing goods and services on behalf of its Shareholder Members.
The company is equally owned by its 20 Members, all of which are leading independent Motor Dealer Groups spread across the whole of the UK. The initial concept was developed by 9 of the Member Companies and validated by research undertaken by the Cardiff Business School and the International Car Distribution Programme, before its launch in January 2005.
Although each RAA Member is independent, collectively we are a significant player in the market with a combined turnover of £2.95 billion. This puts the Group 5th in the UK motor industry turnover league table giving us considerable purchasing power.
Over the past 12 years, contracts have been negotiated with a wide range of suppliers including:
- Vehicle Finance
- Vehicle Auction and Remarketing
- Credit Card Processing
- Number Plates
- Vehicle Provenance
- Health Insurance
- Paint Protection, Refinish Paint and Consumables
- Utilities including Gas and Electricity.
The savings generated for the Shareholders run into many millions of pounds per annum.
The RAA Board is responsible for the overall direction, supervision, and management of the joint venture company. The Board is comprised of some of the sector’s leading executives and entrepreneurs.
- Paul Knight, RAA Chairman
- John Matthews, RAA Business Development Director
- Peter Vosper, Vospers of Plymouth Ltd
- Brian Gilda, Peoples Ltd
- David Bussey, Bussey & Sabberton Ltd
- Stephen Russell, Ringways Motor Group
- Reg Tutt, Sandicliffe Limited
- Mark Busby, Hendy Group Ltd
- Nas Khan, Jennings Motor Group